It hasn’t exactly been the best kept secret but now we have official details of the latest supercar to get the LEGO Technic treatment.
Introducing 42083 Bugatti Chiron
The set uses 3,600 pieces to recreate this record breaking car in 1:8 scale.
Not only does the set look great but it is absolutely packed with features that you only get with a Technic model of this size: the W16 engine has been recreated with moving pistons; there is an 8-speed gearbox, with movable paddle gearshift; working steering wheel, bearing the Bugatti emblem; and a top speed key to switch the active rear wing from handling to top speed position.
Like the Porsche before it this set is presented in a stylish box with collector’s booklet. Each model also features a unique serial number.
The set will be released some time tonight online and has an Australian RRP of $599.99. The set can be purchased right now from LEGO Online.
Check out the full image gallery, press release and videos below.
There are three videos: a brief introduction, an overview of the set and a look at the designers journey to create the model. I’ve combined them all into one video that you can watch below.
42083 LEGO Technic: Bugatti Chiron
Ages 16+. 3,600 pieces.
US $ – CA $ – FR 379.99€ – DE 369.99€ – UK £329.99 – DK 3199DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Discover the Bugatti Chiron!
Build, experience and display this quintessential super sports car, featuring aerodynamic bodywork with an active rear wing, spoked rims with low-profile tires, and a detailed cockpit with movable paddle gearshift.
Celebrate innovative engineering and design from one of the world’s most prestigious car manufacturers with this magnificent LEGO® Technic 42083 Bugatti Chiron model. Developed in partnership with Bugatti, the model captures the magic of the iconic supercar with its gleaming aerodynamic bodywork, logoed spoked rims with low profile tires, detailed brake discs and W16 engine with moving pistons. Open the doors and you’ll discover an elaborate cockpit, featuring a Technic 8-speed gearbox with movable paddle gearshift and a steering wheel bearing the Bugatti emblem. Insert the top speed key to switch the active rear wing from handling to top speed position or lift the hood to reveal a unique serial number and a storage compartment containing a stylish Bugatti overnight bag. A classic Bugatti duo-tone blue color scheme reflects the brand’s signature color, and a set of cool stickers for additional detailing adds the final touch to this exclusive model! The set is delivered in luxurious box packaging and includes a color collector’s booklet with comprehensive building instructions
- Exclusive 1:8 scale LEGO® Bugatti Chiron replica model with a wealth of luxurious features, including aerodynamic bodywork with an active rear wing, spoked rims with low-profile tires, detailed brake discs and a W16 engine with moving pistons.
- Open the doors to access the detailed cockpit featuring a LEGO® Technic 8-speed gearbox with movable paddle gearshift and a steering wheel bearing the Bugatti emblem.
- Insert the top speed key to switch the active rear wing from handling to top speed position.
- Lift the hood to access a compact storage compartment containing a stylish Bugatti overnight bag.
- Check out the detailed W16 engine with moving pistons.
- Includes a unique serial number located beneath the hood.
- Comes with a classic Bugatti duo-tone blue color scheme that reflects the brand’s signature color, plus a set of cool stickers for additional detailing.
- Delivered in luxurious box packaging.
- Includes a color collector’s booklet with comprehensive building instructions.
- This LEGO® Technic model is designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience.
- Bugatti Chiron measures over 5” (14cm) high, 22” (56cm) long and 9” (25cm) wide.