More LEGO Stores Coming Soon

A very exciting press release hit my inbox a few minutes ago.

Alceon, the company behind the Bondi store, have confirmed a second Sydney store and plans for the rest of the country too.

The next store will be in Broadway Sydney in late 2019. The new LEGO Certified Store at Broadway Sydney has secured prime positioning on Level 2 within one of Australia’s highest performing shopping centres. The store will feature exclusive, customised design elements and brick-built symbols.

But don’t worry if you aren’t in Sydney – LEGO Certified Stores will be opening in the coming months in New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland. South Australia and Western Australia will get theirs in the New Year.

sydney-lego-store-internal

This is a huge development and I can’t wait to see where these stores open!

Press Release

ALCEON GROUP ANNOUNCES ROLLOUT OF LEGO® CERTIFIED STORES

Alceon Group today announced a rollout of new LEGO® Certified Stores, including the confirmation of a new store to open in Broadway Sydney in late 2019.
Commenting Richard Facioni, Executive Director, Alceon Group, said: “Our first LEGO Certified Store in Bondi Junction has captured the imagination of all generations. We now look forward to extending the footprint of this world-class retail concept.
“Following the opening of our next store in Broadway Sydney, we will be opening additional Australian LEGO Certified Stores in the coming months in New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland, with South Australia and Western Australia to follow in the New Year.”
Today’s announcement follows Alceon’s confirmation of New Zealand’s first LEGO Certified Store in Auckland that will also open later this year.
In March 2019 Alceon, a leading Australian investment firm with significant investments in the retail sector, unveiled Sydney’s first LEGO Certified Store at Westfield Bondi Junction as part of a new partnership with The LEGO Group, with Alceon acquiring rights to open new LEGO Certified Stores across Australia and New Zealand.

15 Responses to More LEGO Stores Coming Soon

1. Andrew says:

Looking forward to one here in the ACT. That’ll destroy any remaining hope for my poor wallet.

2. Roz says:

Nice to have more stores coming, but Broadway? Ugh, so 2 Sydney stores either in the city or the tiny portion east of the city, but nothing in the rest of Sydney. Bondi was a very odd choice for the store in the first place, about as far away from most of Sydney’s population as you can get. I’d think that something further out, such as Parramatta which is becoming a major centre in the west, or somewhere in the middle like Rhodes or Ryde or something would have been a better choice for a second store, but then I’d have thought the city would have been a better choice for the first store, too.

• Adam Patten says:

I would have had one in the city (obviously) but Parramatta is the perfect choice. It is extremely accessible to all of western Sydney.

3. Cain Donnelly says:

I wonder if they would open some LEGO stores in regional NSW

4. John says:

Do you know how one would get a job at the new LEGO store in Bondi?

5. MattL says:

There’s still a nice big hole where ToysRUs used to be at Westfield Miranda NSW. Can you put in a good word to Lego for me Michael? – it’s a 2 minute walk from my place.

6. Susanna Nga says:

Any ideas yet where the Brisbane store could be? So excited!!!

7. Ryan Walsh says:

Finally a store in WA

8. Chris says:

I mean, Broadway is literally in the city, and less than a 15 min walk from Central station. Great location I think.

• Andrew says:

I think Roz makes a good point above. The Bondi store is essentially on top of the station, which is only five stops from Central. I would have thought western or southern Sydney would make more sense. Depends on the demographic and foot traffic I guess.

9. Jonathan Wilson says:

I think Chermside would be a good place to open their first Brisbane store. Biggest shopping centre in the state and far enough away from Dreamworld that they aren’t going to loose money from people who choose (for whatever reason) to keep going to the Dreamworld store instead of the new one.

If/when they open a Gold Coast location, Pacific Fair is the obvious choice there. Its a big centre and its in a location that will help the store get a lot of foot traffic and visitors (more so than other shopping centres on the coast that are large enough to make sense such as Robina)