I recently got a delivery of LEGO sets to review. Then a few days later I got a second delivery containing most of the same sets again. This is not so great for LEGO Australia, but it’s fantastic news for the Bricking Around community.
I got on to LEGO and let them know that there was a mix-up and asked what should I do with the extra sets. LEGO very generously said I didn’t have to send them back, but I had to do something with them. Rather than reviewing each set twice I am giving away the extras to one lucky Bricking Around reader.
Inspired by LEGO’s mix-up I want you to create your own mix-up. What does that mean? I want to see multiple LEGO ideas or themes mashed up in to something new. What about a modular building made out of only Technic elements? Or LEGO Friends meets Classic Space?
You can build an example of your idea with real bricks; build it digitally; or you can even just submit some sketches or a logo design. This is all about your idea and making the concept clear – the best executed idea will win the full prize pack, worth over $700 RRP.
Entries close September 5th 2020.
Check out the FAQ’s below.
Do I have to build something?
You don’t have to, but I recommended it. A really great build (physical or digital) is going to sell your idea better than just some text.
Can I get different prizes?
No, the prize pack is based on what sets I was sent. I really need to get that box out of my house, it takes up so much room.
Is entry open to adults only, or can kids enter?
Kids have awesome ideas, so there is no reason they can’t enter. Just make sure you provide the details of a parent/guardian in the entry form.
I live outside of Australia, can I enter?
Unfortunately entry is only open to Australian residents.
I am not creative at all, can I bribe you?
Terms and Conditions
Bricking Around Mix-Up Giveaway Competition
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these Conditions of Entry.
- Entry is open to all Australian residents who visit www.brickingaround.com during the promotional period. Entrants under the age of 18 must provide contact details for a Parent or Guardian over the age 18.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
- Limit one entry per person (based on email address and/or IP address).
- No responsibility accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- The promotion commences at 1:00 PM AEST on 05/08/2020 and closes at 11:59 PM AEST on 5/09/2020 (“the Promotional Period”). The promoter may in its absolute discretion end the promotion prior to the conclusion date.
- Only entries submitted using the provided form will be accepted.
- The winner will be chosen based on the most creative and interesting submission. Judges decisions are final.
- The prize pool consists of 31109 Pirate Ship (RRP $159.99), 60266 Ocean Exploration Ship (RRP $179.99), 80012 Monkey King Warrior Mech (RRP $229.99), 42107 Ducati Panigale V4 R (RRP $89.99), 71717 Journey to the Skull Dungeons (RRP $49.99). Total prize pool valued at $709.95.
- The winner of the prize will be contacted via email in order to arrange delivery. If the winner cannot be contacted within 7 days of the close of the competition, then the winner will have forfeited the prize. If a prize cannot be delivered to the specified delivery address via standard post, then the winner of the prize is responsible for any additional delivery charges.
- If the prize in not claimed within the 7 day period a redraw will occur.
- The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. No responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of a prize.
- The promoter of this competition is Bricking Around, and is conducted without the involvement of the LEGO Group of Companies.