Great news for Melbourne lEGO fans who already have two stores and a LEGOLAND Discovery Centre – You’re getting another store.
The new store promises to be the biggest in the southern hemisphere and will be the first in Australia to feature the Mosaic Maker experience.
There will also be all the staples like Build-a-Minifigure and Pick-a-Brick.
The new store will open in April 2022. You can check out the press release below for more details.
Alquemie Group in partnership with the LEGO® Group to unveil the Southern Hemisphere’s largest LEGO® Certified Store at Melbourne Central
Monday 14th February 2022: Alquemie Group and the LEGO® Group today announced the largest LEGO® Certified Store in the Southern Hemisphere will open in April at Melbourne Central (GPT).
The 559sqm custom-made store will showcase an immersive new retail concept featuring hybrid digital and physical experiences designed to inspire creativity and encourage play.
Richard Facioni, Executive Chairman, Alquemie Group comments: “Consumers are seeking interactive, personalised retail experiences and we look forward to leading that change with the launch of our large-scale omni-channel store at Melbourne Central.
“Our new landmark store will set local benchmarks for innovation and design and speaks to our commitment to continue to grow the footprint of the world-renowned LEGO® Certified Store concept throughout ANZ.”
The new store format has been developed following two years of LEGO® customer research which identified consumers were seeking opportunities to play, customise retail experiences and to have fun.
Troy Taylor, the LEGO® Group, says, “The new store format is part of the LEGO® Group’s strategy to innovate across retail channels, with a similar concept to be introduced around the world.
“Our new store at Melbourne Central will showcase LEGO® brand experiences whilst also allowing customers of all ages to share their ideas and creativity.”
Key features of Melbourne Central’s new LEGO® Certified Store include:
- A Personalisation Studio invites visitors to make a memento of their visit. Customers are invited to reimagine themselves in LEGO® form as a portrait from the Mosaic
- Maker – standing as the first LEGO® Personalisation Studio in ANZ;
- A wide range of LEGO® sets, with fun and engaging communication focused on passion-points to help shoppers navigate across portfolio;
- Inspiring 3D models of the LEGO® sets and hands-on building experiences to inspire creativity and imagination;
- Signature features of LEGO® Certified Stores globally including a ‘Pick A Brick’ wall and Minifigure™ Station.
The Grand Opening Date for the new LEGO® Certified Store will be announced in the coming weeks.