It is a great day to be a Lord of the Rings fan, with LEGO announcing the incredible 10316 Rivendell set. This stunning recreation of Rivendell features 6167 pieces and a very impressive 15 minifigures.
The minifigure line-up includes all nine members of the Fellowship; Gandalf the Grey, all four hobbits (Frodo Baggins, Samwise Gamgee, Merriadoc “Merry” Brandybuck and Peregrin “Pippin” Took), Legolas, Gimli, Boromir and Aragorn. They are joined by minifigures of Elrond, Arwen, Bilbo Baggins plus additional elves and a dwarf (Gloin) are also included.
The build is split up in to three sections:
Section one, featuring:
- The Council Ring – complete with a semicircular ring of chairs for the council and the plinth where the ring is first revealed? and the Fellowship discuss how to destroy it
- Frodo’s Bedroom – with a desk and chest where the young hobbit recovers following his rescue by Arwen from the hands of the Nazgûl, before being reunited with Bilbo
- Elrond’s study – with famous paintings from the history of Middle–earth
Section two, featuring:
- An elven tower – featuring five Elven statues of unnamed famous warriors from the past
Second three, featuring:
- Gazebo, river and bridge – to recreate the scene where the Fellowship departs Rivendell.
This set is not cheap with an Australian RRP of $799.99 but I don’t think it’s terrible value based on the part count and the number of minifigures. This set is available exclusively for LEGO VIP members from 5th-7th March 2023. The press release mentions a free Frodo and Golum LEGO Brickheadz set (40630) but I am not certain if this offer is available in Australia too.
Check out additional images below.